Oatland's and St Paul's Secondary School Summer Camps
Learning to code or honing existing skills - the Academy of Code is the summer camp for both motivated newbies and seasoned coders.
Open to students aged 12-18, tutors at the Academy of Code deliver a course which blends fun games and puzzles with serious programming. Students are divided by age and coding experience. Depending on age, dates and location they will have a chance to try their hands at some or all of the following:
- Scratch - a fantastic introductory language, especially for younger students
- Arcade Gaming! Using Processing, a Java-based graphical language, students will learn to create old school retro games like Space Invaders and Pong. The basis for most of our term-time courses, and a fantastic introduction to coding (students who have studied at the Academy of Code previously will get the chance to work on advanced Processing projects)
- HTML/CSS - learn to build and edit websites using HTML and CSS
- Lego Mindstorms, Python, Arduino and more...
Applications open soon...
Oatlands College, Stillorgan
- June 25th-29th, 13:00-17:00
- July 2nd-6th, 13:00-17:00
- July 23rd-27th, 13:00-17:00
- July/August 30th-3rd, 13:00-17:00
St Paul's College, Raheny
- July 10th-14th, 13:00-17:00
- July 17th-21st, 13:00-17:00
Students are welcome to register for more than one week.